by Dr. C. Edgar
Is the Highline School District teaching students academics, or is it focused on teaching leftist political agenda topics?
The Highline School District (HSD) does teach CSJ ideology which takes away critical learning time from academics, while politically indoctrinating its students to an extreme leftist political agenda. And that may be one of the reasons why HSD students perform so poorly on State academic testing. HSD parents, get involved in your child’s school so you know what your child is being taught or what ideology your child is being indoctrinated with! Is your child being given a quality, nonpartisan academic education? There is currently a lawsuit against the HSD on these issues filed by North Hill school parents.
A recent scientific article published by the Manhattan Institute has sought to examine the impact of Critical Social Justice (CSJ) Ideology on American Education. The results of a representative survey of more than 1,500 Americans aged 18 to 20 suggest that Critical Race Theory (CRT) and radical gender ideology, together known as Critical Social Justice (CSJ), is widespread in American schools. Ninety-three percent of American 18- to 20-year-olds said that they had heard about at least one of eight CSJ concepts from a teacher or other adult at school, including “white privilege,” “systemic racism,” “patriarchy,” or the idea that gender is a choice unrelated to biological sex. Additionally, 90% of respondents had heard about at least one CRT concept, and 74% about at least one radical gender concept. Report researchers: Zach Goldberg and Eric Kaufmann
Their report findings include the following;
-CSJ appears to significantly impact shifting children to the political left.
– CSJ is not being taught as one theory among others but rather, in 7 out of 10 cases, as “truth.”
– CSJ increases fear among students.
– CSJ is taught in all types of schools.-
( Researchers-Goldberg, Kaufmann)
The recommendations resulting from this report are that parents must not
only look at what schools they want their children to attend, but also they must lobby and press for these changes in American education:
- State governments must seek to intervene in the public school curriculum, such as banning the teaching of CRT and radical gender theory as truth, clamping down on political indoctrination, and requiring teaching materials to be made available upon request. This means issuing finer-grained policy guidance that defines which concepts (such as systemic racism) are political and which are held in consensus.
- State governments should seek to introduce more content on the excesses of left-wing utopianism and non-European civilizations in history. This can better contextualize American history, helping students better comprehend that America’s sins are less exceptional than its achievements.
- Students also need to be taught about the law and the Constitution, especially the First Amendment, which has been shown to improve the understanding of the importance of free speech and due process.
- Lawmakers and school administrators must ensure that there are clear routes for parents to report breaches of political impartiality, and that those breaches are addressed.
- Teacher training and school inspection should uphold a norm of political impartiality and be audited to ensure that is taking place.-Goldberg, Kaufmann.
If you want to contact or support the parent who filed the lawsuit, here is his Go Fund Me page.