Below is a message from Lighthouse Northwest:
Because of your incredible generosity in 2022, we were able to expand our Rise Program to provide more opportunities for support and healing for women and children who have experienced domestic abuse.
Through our Rise Program we provided:
- Advocacy for 94 individuals
- Support services (including counseling, case management, support groups, book studies, mentoring, life coaching, community living, workshops, activities, community engagement, counseling, parenting training, children’s programs, peer support, assistance with education and employment, communication and conflict resolution coaching, and so much more) for 31 individuals
“The guidance and love at Lighthouse is like something I’ve never had in my entire life. I’m forever grateful.” -Lighthouse client
We also welcomed 1 new staff member and 1 new board member to our team!
Through our Awareness & Action Program we:
- Facilitated 4 domestic violence workshops and trainings
- Partnered with the Des Moines Creek Parkrun for our annual 5K
- Provided education through our Celebrate event
- Connected with local area churches to provide training and education
- Partnered with the cities of SeaTac and Des Moines through various community events
- Provided ongoing support and education to community members helping families break the cycle of abuse
We could not have accomplished this apart from the grace of God and all of YOU!
- 165 individual donors which includes our 38 monthly donors
- 67 partnering churches, organizations, and businesses
- 113 in-kind donations to provide much needed items and services for families
- 37 volunteers serving over 2297 hours valued at more than $68,000
Your gifts are truly saving lives and empowering women and children to break the cycle of abuse and build thriving lives they love!
With deep appreciation,