By Beth Barrett, Photos By Marie Jones
Enjoy convenient gift shopping at Growing Crazy, an indoor plant nursery located at 636 SW 152nd St.
This compact store specializes in a beautiful array of rare and collectible houseplants. Its owner, Cheryl, is very helpful and friendly, generously sharing her plant expertise and passion for growing plants that enhance your living spaces.
Choose from a wide selection of indoor and tropical houseplants, ranging in size from miniature 2″ pots to more substantial 14″ containers. Cheryl will help you select plants to grow anywhere in your home according to lighting needs and space requirements. Her shop offers every indoor plant, from low-maintenance plants to rare collectibles and even pet-friendly plants.
Here are more gift ideas tucked into her beautiful shop:
- An assortment of unusual succulents and air plants with accompanying air hanger pots
- Macrame plant hangers
- Propagation kits — learn how to propagate seeds
- Leaf polish — hard to find, locally made
- Custom-made stickers and handmade watercolor greeting cards
- Fermented Fireweed Ivan Chai Teas
- Local artwork for sale — you may also bring in your artwork for display on shop walls
- Rustic Walking Sticks — hand-crafted walking sticks sourced from locally fallen trees
- Gift cards — let your plant-loving friend choose their favorite plant, assisted by Cheryl
Potting services are also available for repotting your houseplants and diagnostic services to advise on your plant’s health. If you are looking for a particular plant, Cheryl will gladly help locate it for you.
Be sure to visit Growing Crazy early this spring, as Cheryl will be expanding her plant nursery to include a selection of seeds and bulbs. She’s partnered with local foragers to offer nonGMO options for spring planting.