“Burien and high-end homes? Isn’t that a contradiction?”
This is what I used to hear while attending seminars targeting luxury real estate. In fact, I remember how other brokers would look down at me once they realized my area of expertise was BURIEN, (synonymous with airports, low-income housing & cheap car sales). If only they knew… I think by now they do know what I meant.
With the drastic soar of home prices in the Greater Puget Sound area, along with the pandemic, Burien has become a favorite destination for its centralized location, along with short drives to Downtown Seattle, stellar beach communities, Puget Sound views and prized beaches. It’s a little gem that buyers seem to have fallen in love with.
While Normandy Park used to stand out as the “golden corner” of the South End with higher price tags, Burien’s waterfront neighborhoods such as Three Tree Point & Maplewild are now selling for equivalent values.
Over the last few years, local & out-of-state buyers have realized the many great advantages of living here; a crossroads between urban & countryside living, enjoying the appealing 10-minute drive to a main international airport without the usual noise.
Among high-end buyer’s favorite features which will fetch from $2M to $3.5M, you will find the panoramic Puget Sound views coupled with cool architecture (Mid-Century Modern or Vintage flavors) or the private waterfront experience.
Recent Notable Listing Prices & Sales:
- 3113 SW 171st street: 2000 square foot Mid Century with striking water/island/bay view just sold for $1,900,000
- 9 SW Three Tree Point Lane: 4000 square feet with 40 feet of no- bank sandy beachfront sold in late November shy of $3,500,000
- 16332 Maplewild avenue SW: 0.5-acre gated estate with a 4530 square foot home now pending after 6 days on the market right below $2M
- 3122 SW 172nd street: 2283 square foot 2006-built home with private beach & cabana, for sale for $2.2M
- 3735 SW 171st street: 2290 square foot Mid Century beachfront, iconic by its design and architect/owner, for sale for $3M
- 15101 28th Avenue SW: Seahurst waterfront estate with tram access, 3970 square foot home & 81 feet of frontage, for sale for $3.5M